Syosset, NY – AFA Protective Systems, Inc. (AFA), A Pavion Company, a fire safety and security systems integrator recently hosted and sponsored a building life safety symposium at the New York City Fire Museum.
The event, hosted by AFA’s New York office included updating building owners, building managers, property managers, and consulting engineers with the latest information on current NYC fire alarm codes, along with planned changes anticipated for the near future and how it will affect them.
AFA has always been on the forefront when it comes to fire alarm codes and standards, with numerous employees on NFPA 72 technical committees. “Keeping our clients updated and making sure their systems are code compliant is an important part of the services we provide,” said Joe Ranaudo, AFA’s NY Operations Manager.
Invited attendees to the symposium had the opportunity to hear from and interact with industry experts as new technologies were presented and discussed. Along with fire alarm and central station, ARC systems (Auxiliary Radio Communication Systems) were also included on the agenda (where and when).
The event was hosted by Peter Tabatneck, AFA’s Class “E” Fire Alarm Sales Engineer and Cameron Frey, also a Class “E” Fire Alarm Sales Engineer for AFA.
Guest speakers and participants at this event included:
- Wanda Nazar of Expediting Support Services
- Rocco Bonavita (FDNY-Director of Fire Alarm Inspection and Plan Examination Units)
- Executive Officer to the Chief of Technology Management Captain Battalion Paul Brincat
- Chief of Technology Management Brian Cordasco
- Executive Officer to the Chief of Technology Captain Anthony Pasquin
- Robert Norris of Technology Management EPPG Group
- Steve Vendetti of Sparc Fire Protection
- Dan Corbett of Honeywell/Notifier
- Chris Godwin of RF Solutions
“I’d like to thank AFA for hosting the AFA Life Safety Symposium on September 22nd. Great venue, topics and attendance at the event,” said Dan Corbett, Regional Sales Manager at Notifier. “I had the pleasure to present our next generation INSPIRE series life safety system, industry first self-testing detectors and Connected Life Safety Services that combine to bring fire alarm/life safety systems into the 21st.”
Main Takeaways from the event:
- FDNY’s presentation on the future organizational structure
- Improved timeframe of plan examination approvals and inspections
- The “What, Where, and When” of RF Solution’s Auxiliary Radio Communication System
- Notifier’s new line of Inspire Series Life Safety Systems
- Sparc Engineering’s discussion on Battery Energy Storage Systems used for building emergency power
Besides technology, code and ARCS discussions, plan examination, navigating the FDNY website, filing, permits, plan variances, and emergency action plans were all touched upon.
AFA’s Building Life Safety Symposium made a significant impact on the attendees and provided important information to keep NYC buildings in compliance with the latest codes. For further information, contact AFA Protective Systems, Inc. at 877-232-1873 or visit www.pavion.com.